How does Prolozone work?
Prolozone combines the powers of homeopathy and vitamin injections with the healing power of ozone. A homeopathic cocktail and ozone injection are put into the joints directly. Ozone reacts almost instantly with the membranes of the cell. This oxidation of the membrane jump starts the cell, increasing energy production and utilization. This reaction produces a large amount of powerful healing chemicals called cytokines. Healing begins instantly, and the effects linger.
By following up an injection of homeopathy with an injection of ozone, we are stimulating your body to heal itself. Ozone is an immune system regulator, increases antioxidant protection, and is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant.
Ozone is an unstable molecule, however it increases oxygen intake into each cell in your body. So, you are better able to metabolize ATP, which your body uses as a source for energy. As your body uses energy more efficiently, more healing takes place and the body is able to repair itself at a faster pace.
Prolozone injections can be used to treat a wide number of ailments, and research is even being done on the effects of Ozone therapy in slowing the onset of Alzheimer’s. Prolozone can be injected many different places in the body. It effectively treats muscle soreness, aches and pains, arthritis.
What Can Prolozone Treat?
- Soft tissue damage
- Cartilage Damage
- Chronic or acute back pain
- Lumbar degeneration
- Slipped discs
- Joint pain
- Surgical Trauma
- Plantar Fasciitis
What To Expect
- You must take it easy for 3 days after your Prolozone Treatment. No strenuous exercise, heavy lifting, or anything that may overwork/strain the area where you received your Prolozone Treatment.
- You may experience some redness, heat sensation, bruising, swelling and soreness and/or pain at the injection site. In order to reduce this, we highly recommend taking ibuprofen right after leaving the clinic, and at night before bed, and apply ice or heat to the treated area. Alternatively, we can provide homeopathic or herbal remedies to reduce pain or inflammation.
- You must come in for an acupuncture appointment 2-3 days after your Prolozone Treatment. This will help proliferate the area and reduce any remaining side effects.
- If you have ANY questions, concerns, or thoughts, please feel free to call or email us at any time, and we will get back with you as soon as possible.
Prolozone Therapy FAQs
Q: What conditions can be treated?
A: Neck/shoulder/back/elbow/hip/knee/ankle pain, degenerated/herniated discs, plantar fasciitis, carpel tunnel syndrome, TMJ syndrome, sciatica, neuromas, virtually any sports injury, and MORE!
Q: Does it hurt?
A: Our homeopathic substances are combined with lidocaine, and a topical numbing solution is applied before anything is injected. While patients may experience slight pressure when the ozone is injection, pain is minimal, if there is any at all. Soreness can be experienced for a few hours to days at injection site.
Q: What are the side effects?
A: Patients may experience temporary swelling or bruising at the injection site.
Q: Is it safe?
A: Prolozone is extremely safe when performed by a medically trained ozone therapy practitioner.
Q: Are there any restrictions?
A: Patients are recommended to take it easy for three days after the treatment, nothing that would put stress on the affected area. No exercise, running, heavy lifting, etc. Patients may bathe as normal.
Q: Are there any reactions to be concerned with?
A: All ingredients are natural and there has never been a documented case of a negative reaction from the Prolozone therapy in history.
Q: Is it the same as Prolotherapy?
A: NO. Where Prolotherapy uses inflammation to create healing, Prolozone uses oxygen to create healing. This means less recovery, down time, and pain.